Indian astrology or vedic astrology is among 6 vedang and is based on the principles of KARMAPHALA and PUNARJANMA (REBIRTH). Whatever the good and the bad actions of our past life determine our 'PRARABDHA' or fate and ‘Karma’ or actions of our present life. The Karma or actions of our present life determine our future Karma. A person is born at a particular place in a particular family because he has some ‘RINANUBANDHAN’ with them and at that moment when his individual fate is in perfect mathematical harmony with the progress of the stars in heaven. However it does not preach total dependence on fate. Astrology lets you know what you were born with, what your possibilities are, the limitations, your strong points and your drawbacks. What type of life partners and professions suit you and to expect is also indicated. It also prescribes various remedial measures to ward off the bad effects and to enhance the good results. Astrology is your roadmap of destiny. The course is deisgned to give you an idea of promises in your life and probable hinderances that a person has to face and at what time of life by knowing what is good and what is bad; what to do and what not to do; how to do and how not to do.
This is a Three months basic course of Astrology. This course lays the foundation of astrology. The course covers basic astronomy, casting the horoscope and fundamentals knowledge of zodiac, planets, rasis and houses. Basic knowledge of delineation is also imparted in order to ascertain strength of horoscope. Effect of transit and muhurta is also covered in this course.
Course Duration is Three Months.
Basic of Astrology
- What is astrology (Jyotish Shashtra)? Astrology as a Vedang. Astrology as a science and as an art. Branches of Astrology: Hora , Siddhant and Samhita, Prashna and Shakun.
- Qualification of an Astrologer. History of Vedic Astrology – Rishis or Teachers of Vedic Astrology, An introduction and famous astrologers.
- Astrology and karma theory.Types of Karma – Satvik, Rajsik and Tamsik, Dridh, Dridhadridh and Adridh karma, Vaachik, Kaayik and mansik karma.
- Our fate and free will. Prarabdh and destiny.
- What is Zodiac? and its division into 12 signs and 27 nakshatra mandal.
- Moving and fixed Zodiac. Tropical and sidereal zodiac.
- Ayanamsha. Nirayana and Sayana longitudes.
- Unit of time. Difference between Vedic and modern units.
- What is lagna, 12 bhava and 9 planets of a horoscope? North Indian and south Indian Horoscope (differences)
- Char karaka and Sthir Karaka. Significators of different planets and 12 bhava, Kaalpurush Kundali and body parts.
- Karakatva of different planets.Their aspects and friendships of different planets.
- Retrograde (vakri) and combust planets (Asta).
- Rahu and Ketu as Chhaya Graha.
- How to cast a horoscope? Lagna calculations, fixing planetary positions.
- Panchang and its 5 parts. Vaar, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yog and karana and their calculations.
- What is Vimshottari Mahadasha? Calculation of different periods of Mahadasha, Antardasha and pratayantar dasha.
- Varga charts : introduction to Shadvarga, Saptvarga, Dashvarga and Shodashvarga. Hora Chart, Drekkan chart, Saptamsha chart, Navamsha chart, Dashmansha chart, Dwadashamsha and Dwadashamsha Chart.
- Yoga : Lunar Yoga, Solar Yoga, Yoga from lagna. Other important Yogas.